- 1 out of every 4 students reports being bullied at school.
- Students who are bullied and those who do the bullying are both at increased risk for problems such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, poor school performance, and self-harm.
- 1 in 3 teens has experienced some sort of abuse in a dating relationship.
- The daily average of suicide attempts by young people grades 7-12 is over 5,400.
BUT, there is hope.
- Over half of bullying situations stop once a peer intervenes on behalf of the one being bullied
- Students who are bullied report that supportive actions from their peers were the most helpful actions from bystanders
Teens 2 Teens works to provide a sense of hope and relief to struggling teenagers through a values-based education program emphasizing strong, positive friendships, thereby creating peer support networks for encouraging healthy choices. We partner with schools and community organizations to teach teens the values of wisdom, fortitude, temperance, integrity, gratitude, humility, and love.